Today I decided to change the front bumper on the Fiero. The 300zx bumper, or the “Scarab”, is a rarity. I’ve never seen a Fiero with one installed in Canada; I purchased it via Kijiji. PISA makes the bumper, and the fiberglass work is top notch.
Installing this spoiler was pretty straight forward. The instructions were written on it – measurements were made on the deck-lid and a silver sharpie was used to mark the points for drilling. Once everything was lined up, the deck-lid was sanded down to the gel-coat and epoxy was used to secure the spoiler. Heaters were […]
I need to install the interior door panels, …and finish installing the sound system, …but aside from those two elements, the interior is done.
Big day. After 7 months of hard work, the dash is finally back in. I still need to add the components – such as the extra gauges and the MP3 player. But it is satisfying to see this interior come together. FINALLY.
Now it begins – the re-installation of the interior.
The upholstery on the centre console/armrest is now complete. The openings for the shifter and the window switches were created.
I finished the upholstery on the headliner. The sunroof and overhead light outlets were covered by the headliner material from the upholstery shop. Due to the gap between the headliner and the sunroof, I used foam tape to fill in the seam.
I’m just finishing off a few outstanding items: – Completion of the glove box with magnets. – Addition of a multi-switch plate inside the glove box – I will wire additional lighting (for car shows) to these switches in the future. – Completed the speaker mounts. – Levelled the dash gap piece with Bondo. It […]
I attached 18 gauge metal tabs to the back of the dash – I used 22 gauge metal before, but the screws were stripping it too easily. I also attached tabs to mount the speakers and speaker covers. JB weld was used to secure the metal to the fiberglass.
I have completed the installation of the HVAC system. The 2.5″ SHOP-VAC tubing was used to run the air-flow, and a plate (made of fiberglass) was fabricated – this allowed the tubes to mount to the stock HVAC outlet. This was a time consuming modification – 6.5 hours total.