A How-To video on repairing a chair leg. There are multiple ways of doing this, but this way worked best for me. Hopefully this gives you some ideas on how to repair your broken chair leg. Enjoy.
This an update to the boat mover dolly I created in 2014: http://www.justinchristie.ca/2014/10/01/building-a-boat-dolly/ After some repeated use I discovered that the bicycle tires I free-cycled were not coping well with the combined weight of the dolly and boat. The tires were starting to buckle, and one of them had a slow rim leak. The threaded 1/2″ […]
Today I decided to change the front bumper on the Fiero. The 300zx bumper, or the “Scarab”, is a rarity. I’ve never seen a Fiero with one installed in Canada; I purchased it via Kijiji. PISA makes the bumper, and the fiberglass work is top notch.
Inspired by the worm hole in the film Interstellar, …I decided to make my own version in After Effects CC 2014. It’s surprisingly easy to do – it’s just a multitude of layers using the lens and bulge effects. This is how the gravitational lensing is achieved – although it’s not scientifically accurate. The working […]
Just shot a quick video walking around the Fiero yesterday.
With the purchase of a Dolphin American 12 Jon boat, I needed a way to transport it to the the river. The solution? Build a boat dolly on wheels. I managed to find a free set of bicycle wheels that someone was parting with – I freshened them up with a coat of paint. I began with […]
I purchased an older Evinrude 2hp boat motor (model E2RCNE), and I wanted an easy way to store and service it – the obvious solution is to build a motor stand/dolly. I started off with a ‘movers dolly’ from Princess Auto – it was made of hardwood and on sale for $14. This gave me […]
I have been Photoshopping a few mock-ups of the paint scheme I’d like for the Fiero. I’m going to retain the gold colour, but add a satin black to the mix.
Installing this spoiler was pretty straight forward. The instructions were written on it – measurements were made on the deck-lid and a silver sharpie was used to mark the points for drilling. Once everything was lined up, the deck-lid was sanded down to the gel-coat and epoxy was used to secure the spoiler. Heaters were […]
Just a couple of pics so I can post on other forums.