I need to install the interior door panels, …and finish installing the sound system, …but aside from those two elements, the interior is done.
The upholstery on the centre console/armrest is now complete. The openings for the shifter and the window switches were created.
I finished the upholstery on the headliner. The sunroof and overhead light outlets were covered by the headliner material from the upholstery shop. Due to the gap between the headliner and the sunroof, I used foam tape to fill in the seam.
When I received the interior pieces back, some of the holes I cut out were covered by the leatherette installation. I used a marker to outline the cuts, a box-cutter knife to slice the leatherette, and super glue to adhere. Super glue works best because it sets fast (10 seconds) – no need to clamp […]
All the components from the interior have been removed. I also began transferring over the sound proof padding material from the original pieces.
The interior pieces came back from upholstery, and all I can say is WOW. I can’t wait to get these installed! The pictures don’t do them justice.
It took me a while to think of how I was going to keep the glove box door secured during driving. The solution was simple – VELCRO.
I spent the last three hours adding additional support for the fiberglass center console – a.k.a. the armrest. It involved fabricating a metal bracket and a fiberglass ledge. I also mounted the shifter boot – this boot is just used as a mock-up. I have a nice Rodney Dickman leather boot that will take it’s […]
I had some spare time today to cut out the radio console.