After 2 years, the seats are back in the Fiero. I can actually sit in the car now. In the pic I have a pair of old seat covers on them. I want to keep them protected for the remaining installations.
I installed the Rodney Dickman Euro “Ferrari” shifter to the 4-speed shifter assembly.
The custom speaker covers turned out well.
Big day. After 7 months of hard work, the dash is finally back in. I still need to add the components – such as the extra gauges and the MP3 player. But it is satisfying to see this interior come together. FINALLY.
I have re-attached the Fiero seat brackets. They are ready to go back in the car after being out almost 3 years!! I also sandblasted the seat bolts – they were a bit too “rusty” for the new interior.
Since the original tabs were broken on the speaker covers, I came up with a new way of attaching them to the interior “A” pillar piece. Home Depot sells these nylon based nuts and bolts. With a black coat of paint, they fit right in.
Installation of the carpet is complete. I also installed the back firewall cover.
I’ve been working on this model in parallel with the other Recognizer model. I think I like this one better. I used a lot of reference pictures – especially for the textures. It still needs more work, but it’s almost there.
Today I began the installation of the Fiero Store carpet I purchased over 4.5 years ago. It’s over-sized, so I need to trim down the edges. Exciting!
The Fiero Store carpet I purchased way back in 2007 came with instructions that said it should be installed over the existing carpet. I’m not a big fan of putting NEW over OLD. So in order to maintain the sound-proofing that the original carpet has, I decided to use rubber padding to go under the […]