This was not as hard as I thought it would be. There was a previous alarm system installed in the Fiero, so most of the wires were pre-marked for tapping. Plus I did extensive research before hand. The alarm is working perfectly. Now I just need to make the wiring look “pretty”.
I began painting the interior pieces for the Fiero. I used the Dupli-color plastic adhesive first, then a coat of matte-black Tremclad. I’m using the same recipe that I tested here.
I have commenced modelling on the upper cock-pit area. I’ve also added a few neon-glow features on the chassis.
I have completed the installation of the custom junction box to the Fiero chassis. This will allow easy electrical hookup for the aftermarket accessories.
I’m just finishing off a few outstanding items: – Completion of the glove box with magnets. – Addition of a multi-switch plate inside the glove box – I will wire additional lighting (for car shows) to these switches in the future. – Completed the speaker mounts. – Levelled the dash gap piece with Bondo. It […]
I attached 18 gauge metal tabs to the back of the dash – I used 22 gauge metal before, but the screws were stripping it too easily. I also attached tabs to mount the speakers and speaker covers. JB weld was used to secure the metal to the fiberglass.
The Velcro option was not working well. So I came up with another solution – MAGNETS. I used epoxy to glue a 9″ piece of metal to the glove box door, and I secured 4 magnets to the internal adjuster plate.
I have completed the installation of the HVAC system. The 2.5″ SHOP-VAC tubing was used to run the air-flow, and a plate (made of fiberglass) was fabricated – this allowed the tubes to mount to the stock HVAC outlet. This was a time consuming modification – 6.5 hours total.