I dismantled the custom interior pieces from the chassis. It involved almost 2 months of custom fabrication to install the new interior, and it took a mere 20 minutes to uninstall everything. A few more pieces need to be installed on the dash, …but the upholstery stage is not that far away.
After the fiberglass cured, I pulled off the duct-tape and trimmed the edges. It will require a little more sanding and body-filler to finish, …but I’m quite pleased with how it turned out.
I decided to fix the dash gap with fiberglass, rather than rely on upholstery to cover up the misalignment. Duct-tape was used to form the shape, and act as a removable barrier. It turned out quite well.
I did a paint test with one of the mock-up pillar pieces I have. So far the best solution for interior paint is: – Wipe down the piece with paint thinner; – Scuff with 3M abrasive pad (lightly); – One thin coat of clear primer (duplicolor) specifically made for plastic paint adhesion; – Paint 3 […]
The fabrication stage of the door panels is complete. All that is required now is upholstery and sound padding.
Updated the main legs with a skeletal neon glow effect.